See Our below:
Please click the sections below for Tutorials
When setting up your new email address on your PC or Android device you’ll be given a few details that will be required within your settings of the email device you wish to use.
Settings Required are:
- User Name: this will be the full email address ie: “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Password: This will be the password we give you upon setting up your email address.
- Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers: Both are the same and are based on your web address: “mail.yourdomain.co.uk” or .com etc
Port Settings (Important)
IMAP: Incoming Port 143 – Outgoing Port 587
Note: For the Outgoing Mail Server, make certain that you have checked that the server requires authentication. but SSL is Not Required
These instructions are based on Microsoft Outlook 2010, however the process is similar for most versions of Outlook.
- Open Control Panel
- Open Mail
- Select Email Accounts
- Click New – you will be presented with an Add New Account window
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types
- Select Next
- Leave the Internet Email option selected and select Next
- Enter your name in the Your Name field
- Enter the email address you wish to add to Outlook in the E-mail Address field
- In the Account Type dropdown select IMAP
- Enter mail. in the Incoming mail server field. E.G. if we were configuring email@example.com we would enter mail.yourdomain.co.uk here.
- Enter exactly the same information you entered in the Incoming mail server field in the Outgoing mail server field
- Enter the email address you wish to add to Outlook in the User Name field
- Enter the password for this account in the Password field. Your password will have been sent to you separately
- Ensure the Require logon using Secure Password Authentication
- Click the More Settings button, a Internet E-mail Settings window will open
- Select the Outgoing Server tab
- Tick the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Ensure the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option is selected
- Click OK
- On the Add New Account window click Next
Outlook will perform a test confirming messages can be both received and sent, once complete hit Close and then Finish
Outlook is now configured to access your new email address.
This video from Heart Internet (our partners for providing hosting, domain and email services) shows the above process in action:
Need More Answers ?
If you couldn’t find the answer you were looking for then please feel free to call our team